Artistic Freedom

 

Spooky


A lot of discussion is going on about artistic freedom in photography. There is a stream that says "A photo must be real" and another stream say you have the freedom to manipulate.I say both is true.In street photography I always make true images, there are persons on it and I want to show how unique they are without manipulating.

On the other hand I have images about a subject, sometimes dull, and I have no fear to treat them into something I like and I want to express. I always have a feeling towards a photo and I make this feeling stronger by manipulating it. In the example above, the photo is taken in daylight on a gray day, dull and I would never publish it in the original state. however, what you see above I saw in this picture so I made it and I happy with it. I don't harm anybody and a lot of people like it also on Flickr and Pixabay. That's all there is to ot, painting with photos isn't wrong. So just do it!


Spooky Night 
Click on the image to see it on Flickr.

Comments

Popular posts